Sunday, February 1, 2009

blog #1

Alford, Roger. "KY guardsmen cut through trees downed by ice storm that's frozen state for nearly a week". Star Tribune. 1 Feb 2009. .

The biggest natural disaster for the state of Kentucky hit early last week. It was the hardest hit by the ice storm that paralyzed wide areas. The ice shattered utility poles, toppled trees and put thousands of homes to shelters. It would also take up to weeks for the power to be restored. Recovery would be a long process. Now, national guard troops are making their way into communities checking on residents, distribute food and water, remove fallen trees and go door-to-door in hard hit areas providing security. At least the ice is disappearing with the temperature in the 40s. For me, this would be devastating because its hard to live without power in your home. Well at least for me it is. When a storm hit Edina a few years ago, I remember going without power in my home for 3 days. That was hard because I wasn't able to do all the things I was used to doing. But that was only three days, and these residents in Kentucky may go for weeks. I hope that the guardsmen will help all the residents and resolve all the problems. Hopefully the state will be prepared for another incident like this.

1 comment:

Mark Robert said...

allie what the hell your following my blog?