Monday, November 17, 2008

BLOG #3!

My friend just recently gave me a book he wanted me to read, titled 50 Things every young gentleman should know, written by John Ridges and Bryan Curtis. The book contains 50 chapters on ways to be a gentleman. I read through a few of them and they did contain useful information. One chapter, called "Opening the Door for Other People" was one of the few I read. It talked about opening the door for someone you see coming behind you and the responses the people might say. The chapter also ended with advice saying "If a gentleman is walking a long way behind a lady, he does not rush forward to open the door--unless he sees that the lady is carrying a number of packages and may have difficulty managing the door on her own. He may say to her, 'May I open the door for you?'". Another chapter i read was called "Taking Pride in Your Appearance". It talked about wearing the appropriate clothes for every occasion and knowing what to wear. Also, to ask for help if you are unsure if the outfit matches. The chapter ends with advice saying "A gentleman buckles his belt at his waistline. He does not let the waistband of his pants or jeans slip down over his hips, and he does not let his underwear show in public". I think this is all wise information a young man should know. 

No comments: