Monday, October 20, 2008

SUPERHEROES




SUPERHEROES


GOOD vs. EVIL

Superheroes are fictional characters that have extraordinary powers and abilities. They are divided into many different categories. They range from armored heroes to possesseed heroes. They are also exist throughout films, radio, animation, comic books, computer games, novels and even music videos! The debut of Superman in 1938 was the beginning of the superhero career. In my research, I found that there is a ratio of one good superhero to one evil superhero. When good and evil collide, it creates a rage between both superheroes trying to accomplish what they are working for. I chose this topic because I thought it was something everyone could relate to.


This is a song called "Spiderman" by the Ramones. It shows Spiderman's superpowers and how he defeats the evil superheroes. Spiderman is one of the most popular superheroes for teens and children. He also has three hit movies and a cartoon. This song expresses Spiderman in a powerful way showing his abilities.








This is a poem about a person wanting to be a superhero but not possessing the right qualities. It helps one understand the qualities superheroes have and how difficult it is for humans to achieve those. It also creates an understanding of what it would be like to be a superhero. To me, superhero powers are unatainable. (No one can scale buildings like Spiderman). But, there is no perfect superhero. There is a good and bad in every superhero.


If I could be a Super Hero
By: Steve Lazarowitz

I don't think I could be Superman
I'm sort of scared of heights
I'd sort of like to be Spiderman
But I'm afraid of spider bites

I suppose I could be Wolverine
But I'm afraid people would stare
I'd consider being the Incredible Hulk
But radition's bad for your hair

The fantastic four, now there's a thought
But I'm not sure that's for me
Ben's too ugly, Johnny too hot
And Sue I just can't see

Maybe though I could be Reed
And lead the other three
Well maybe Reed's a bit of a stretch
I can barely take care of me

Captain America, him perhaps
I love his mighty shield
But I fear I'm not brave enough
When things get rough, I yield

If I could be a superhero
I would wonder which I'd be
Or maybe it's time I tried to find
The hero inside me


Sky High

This is a movie called Sky High that was released in the summer of 2005 about a young boy growing up with two famous superheroes (his parents). He has not discovered any powers of his own but attends a school called Sky High for kids with superpowers. He goes through lots of crime-fighting events and finally discovers his powers. He trys surviving his freshman year while dealing with an evil villan threatening his family. He works his hardest and learns from his experiences. I think this is a great film describing superheroes and how they achieve what they have. This is just a young kid trying to live up to his parents expectations and be just like them. Along the way he learns it takes loyalty and teamwork to become a hero.






This is a song titled Batman and Robin written and sung by Snoop Dogg featuring Lady of Rage. Snoop Dogg sings about the adventures of Batman and Robin. He also critizies Batman and Robin for their superhero powers and wonders what would happen if they failed.

Conclusion

I learned about the heroic deeds of superheroes. They are very powereful and brave and are role models to most. But their are also evil superheores that try to destroy the world and other superheroes. As shown in the spiderman video, spiderman uses his superpowers to defeat the evil ones. I also discovered many videos that involve superheroes and show the events and struggles one goes through to achieve what they earned.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I liked your artifacts and I think it was well organized.